My call...

Romans 10:13-14 (NLT)
For “EVERYONE who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?


Saturday, July 31, 2010

Six years ago......

Genesis 2:24 - For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.


Six years ago in a day like today (July 31st) this was my schedule:


  • (8:00 am) I was having a massage in an SPA followed by a haircut, manicure and pedicure.
  • (12:00 pm) I was eating for the last time at my parent’s as a resident.
  • (2:00 pm) I was riding with my best friend and his girlfriend towards Kelly’s house to pick her up.
  • (2:10 pm) I was amazed and astonished by the beauty of Kelly in her bridal dress.
  • (2:30 pm ) I was with Kelly riding all over the city of Monterrey taking our wedding pictures.
  • (6:00 pm) I was signing before a judge, witnesses, family and friends my commitment before the state and law to be the best husband that I can.
  • (7:30 pm) I was standing in the aisle of my home church, tears in my eyes as I saw the most beautiful bride coming to stand next to me and have a moment together before God.
  • (8:00 pm) I was making a pact before God, family and friends to love Kelly for the rest of my life and to make sure she will feel loved my me.
  • (10:00 pm) I was dancing with my wife our first dance.
  • (12:00 am) I was sharing with my wife our wedding cake.
  • (2:00 am) I was heading with my wife, friends and family to some friends house to keep enjoying God’s blessing.
  • (4:00 am) I was having breakfast with my wife and friends as we keep celebrating our marriage.
  • (6:00 am) I was in my house showering, changing my clothes and picking my bags to get ready to go to the airport with Kelly for our honeymoon.
  • (6:30 am) I was dropped at the airport with Kelly by some friends and family.
  • (8:00 am) I was sitting in an airplane with my wife to get ready to fly to the Dominican Republic for our honeymoon.


Those were the most exciting 24 hours of my life, and I cannot thank enough God for the wonderful blessing that He gave me. Six years ago I did know that Kelly was a great person, women, girlfriend and fiancee. Today I can attest that she is also an amazing wife, mother and ministry partner.


Dear God, thanks again for those incredible 24 hours that you gave me six years ago, but now I also want to thank you for the ridiculous 52,560 hours that I have been able to enjoy shoulder to shoulder with Kelly.



No comments:

Post a Comment