Capernaum played a central role in Jesus’ Galilean ministry (see Matthew 4:13, 11:23; Mark 1:21; Luke 7:1, 10:15 and John 6:59)
"Simon Peter's House"
- Jesus came to Galilee preaching the gospel soon after John the Baptist was arrested.
- Capernaum was the home town from Peter; and where him, Andrew, James and John were called to follow Jesus.
- Some of the most common healing miracles from Jesus in Capernaum were: ‘the man with an unclean spirit on the synagogue’; ‘Simon’s mother in law of a fever’; ‘the paralytic that was let down through the roof to be healed’.
Tabgha, is the arabic name which means “Seven Springs” (see Mathew 14:13; Mark 6:30; John 20:15)
- Tabgha is at the foot of the traditional Mount of Beautides, and on the shore of the Sea of Galilee.
- There is a church build upon the stone in which according to tradition, Jesus performed the miracle of the loaves and fishes to fed thousands.
- Tabgha is also the place where Jesus met with his disciples after His resurrection, and after asking Peter if he loves him for three times, he encourage him to ‘Feed His Sheep”.
After walking today in some of the places where Jesus’ walked, preached and performed miracles.....I found myself asking me the question raised in ‘The Summons Hymn”.....Will you use the faith you’ve found, to re-shape the world around?